Rules and Restrictions:
- Timing —“
- Contest begins on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at 9 a.m. CT and ends Monday, November 8, 2010, at 12 a.m./midnight CT.
- Entries —“
- Entries must be 200 words or less and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with —œBarefoots Memory— in the subject line. Please include your name, phone number and email address. Entries exceeding the 200-word limit will be automatically disqualified.
- Entries must cite references to Barefoots Beachside Bar & Grill, located at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa.
- Only one entry per person
- Entries must be submitted via email only
- No purchase necessary to enter or win
- Eligibility —“
- The Share Your Best Barefoot Memory Essay Contest is open only to persons 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
- Persons under the age of 25 must be accompanied by an adult 25 years of age or older to consume the 3-day/2-night stay prize.
- Employees of the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa, Serenity by the sea, and Seagar—™s Prime Steaks and Seafood —“ including family members or persons residing at the same address —“ are not eligible to enter.
- There must be a minimum of 5 total entries submitted for judging to take place.
- Prize —“
- 3-day/2-night stay at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa during the 2010 fall season (applicable November 9, 2010 —“ February 28, 2011). Subject to availability. Prize value: $500.00. (May not be redeemed for cash).
- Prize is non-transferable and no substitutions will be made.
- Other restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply.
- General —“
- Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use winner—™s entry, name, hometown, photograph and any statements regarding this contest for editorial, public relations, promotional and advertising purposes on behalf of the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa without compensation.
Essays will be judged by the Hilton Sandestin Beach Communications team on a scale of 1 to 10 on each of the following criteria, for a total of 50 possible total points. There must be a minimum of 5 total entries submitted for judging to take place.
- Adherence to word limit and form of submission —“ All essay entries must be submitted via email to email@example.com with —œBarefoots Memory— in the subject line. All entries must be 200 words or less. Entries exceeding the 200-word limit will be automatically disqualified.
- Relevance —“ All entries must cite references to Barefoots Beachside Bar & Grill, located at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa. Allusions to other similar establishments not related to the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa—™s beachside restaurant will not be considered.
- Appeal —“ Essay entries should illustrate the entrant—™s best —œBarefoots Memory— in a creative and vivid manner, citing real-life examples and experiences in a compelling way.
- Meaning —“ Essay entries should reveal the meaning of the writer—™s particular memory and demonstrate the role Barefoots played in that memory.
- Grammar and language —“ Essay entries should be written in English, utilizing proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.