Destin ATTRACTIONS & Things to Do
To mix up your itinerary or pass a rainy day, venture off-property to explore the many things to do in Destin and the area surrounding Hilton Sandestin Beach. Stroll pristine beaches and eye for birds inside state parks and preserves; seek high-adrenaline thrills or a dolphin encounter at family-friendly attractions; relax with retail therapy and a movie or live music at one of our open-air villages. It’s your vacation – make it unforgettable!
- Big Kahuna's Water Park There’s something for every age and adrenaline level at this water park, with designated “kiddie areas,” rivers, pools, speed slides – even an adventure park for dry pursuits.
- Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park Watch marine animal exhibits and shows; then get hands-on by feeding penguins, training dolphins and snorkeling with stingrays (some age restrictions apply).
- The Track Family Recreation Center Offers all manner of go-karts, miniature golf, bumper cars and boats, and a designated area for small children with rides just their size.
- Ebro Greyhound Park & Poker Room Witness live greyhound races, try your hand in a poker tournament, or relax in the bar and restaurant.
- Rave Motion Pictures at Destin Commons 14 Located at Destin Commons shopping center, this first-run movie house includes an IMAX® theater.
- Air Force Armament Museum at Eglin Air Force Base View weaponry and interactive displays from World War I to present-day, including vintage military aircraft. Bonus: Admission is free.
- City of Fort Walton Beach Heritage Park & Cultural Center See the Indian Temple Mound Museum, Camp Walton Schoolhouse Museum, Garnier Post Office Museum and Fort Walton Temple Mound all on these grounds.
- Destin Pass Jetties For adventurous anglers, the jetties are boulder piles from which you can fish year ’round. A fishing license is required. The jetties also make for terrific snorkeling.
- Hurricane Lanes Twenty-six bowling lanes, pool and ping-pong tables, arcade and sports bar open nightly until midnight or 2 a.m.
- Vortex Spring Get SCUBA-certified at any level or swim in the clear spring (a high-jump platform, diving board, zip line and slides boost the thrill factor). There’s also a motorcross track onsite.
SHOPPING AND MORE
- Destin Commons This open-air shopping and dining complex features all the national brands you know, plus train rides, a soft play area and splash fountains for the kids.
- Seaside Come for the seasonal farmers’ market and summer concert series, or to shop this New Urban community’s galleries, clothing and specialty stores. You’ll find plenty of restaurants, too.
- Silver Sands Premium Outlets - Home to 110 designer and name brand outlet stores. Find impressive savings of 25% - 60% every day at Banana Republic, Coach, Polo Ralph Lauren, Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th and more
- The Village of Baytowne Wharf Across from Hilton Sandestin, the Village bustles with restaurants and shops; events; a marina for water sports rentals and cruises; and Baytowne Adventure Zone, where you can try a zip line or ropes course.
STATE PARKS AND PRESERVES
- Eden Gardens State Park Picnic on the grounds of the historic Wesley mansion, surrounded by live oaks and gardens for heritage roses, butterflies and, in season, camellias and azaleas.
- Grayton Beach State Recreation Area Hike the nature trail to glimpse sand dunes, pine forests and scrub environments, or while away the day on the pristine beach.
- Topsail Hill Preserve State Park Rent a canoe to paddle a coastal dune lake; rent a bike or hike to explore (and see why Topsail is part of the Great Florida Birding Trail). You’ll find beach access too.