Family Beach Resort Activities for Kids 5-12
Visiting Hilton Sandestin Beach with kids aged 5-12? Consider this “top picks” list your personal concierge for planning an unforgettable Florida family vacation at and around the resort!
- They’ll be begging to hit our beach and pools. Make a day of it by reserving a poolside cabana. Gulf-side, request a set-up (complete with towels) so you can lounge on a beach chair beneath an umbrella while the kids flit between the poweder-white Northwest Florida sand and surf.
- Register them for our popular Kids Crew and Kids Night Out programs. They’ll have fun making friends and engaging in active – at times, hilarious – antics, and you’ll reap some well-deserved time off. For an extended “parental time-out,” our Activities Staff can assist you with childcare services.
- This age group will think we designed our resort amenities with them in mind. In our roomy deluxe junior suites, they’ll discover bunk beds tucked into a private alcove they can call their own. When they need a break from the sun, show them to our onsite game room.
- At Hilton Sandestin, mealtime is never a chore. Restaurants throughout the resort offer children’s menus; some even offer discounts for kids 5-12 – try Sandcastles’And our Picnix Poolside Market gets kudos from kid critics for its proximity to our two outdoor pools, menu items they know and love (including Pizza Hut™ pizza), and snack-happy selections like popcorn and ice cream (let your foodie create his or her own Arctic Blast, our combination of ice cream or frozen yogurt with your child’s favorite topping). Grab a picnic table outside or take your food to go – back to the pool, or even the beach!
- Take a family bike ride on our golf cart path. It winds for miles throughout the resort and even tunnels beneath the highway so you can safely explore the bay side of our property. Ask at the concierge to arrange bike rentals.
- Spend a day or evening at The Village of Baytowne Wharf. Kids (and parents!) can soar across the Village’s lagoon on a zip line and teeter along a ropes course at Baytowne Adventure Zone; catch Monday night magic shows; and stay up late for Boomin’ Tuesdays, the Village’s weekly summer festival with face-painting, crafts and fireworks.
- Take a fieldtrip! Near the resort, Big Kahuna’s Water Park promises all the slides, rapids and tunnels kids could ask for; Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park hosts daily shows and interactive programs that can put them in touch with stingrays and dolphins; and The Track Family Recreation Center lets adventurers race go-karts on a three-story spiraling wooden track.