Family Beach Vacations with KIDS UNDER 5
Visiting Hilton Sandestin Beach with kids under 5? Consider this “top picks” list your personal concierge for planning an unforgettable family vacation in Florida at and around the resort!
- Let kids do what they do best – play – in the resort’s sand and surf. Our squeaky-clean, bright-white sand and calm Florida Gulf waters are safe and pristine for even the littlest beach-goers. Request a beach set-up for chairs and an umbrella to create a shaded play spot for them. (When you’re ready to swap the beach for the pool, a cabana can provide shade – and maybe even a nap spot – for your family.)
- Plan a play date in the neighborhood. You’ll love Destin Commons for its retail and restaurant options set in a beautiful, open-air village near the resort; your kids will love the interactive outdoor fountain that “dances” on their command! Destin Commons also gives small children a soft-play area where they can climb on a nine-foot-long shark.
- If it’s Thursday evening, head to The Village of Baytowne Wharf for “Sunset Cinema.” Arrive by 8 p.m. to spread your blanket on the lawn and view a family-friendly film (this summer’s line-up includes Puss in Boots and The Muppets) on a balmy Florida evening. Before the movie begins, let kids climb and swing on the Village’s nautical-themed Adventure Landing Playground.
- You’ll find children’s menus at many of the resort’s restaurants, but Sandcastles can make an extraordinary Friday night out.
- You’ve earned it: Contact the Activities Desk to arrange childcare services. Enjoy an intimate dinner at our award-winning Seagar’s (the restaurant’s private-reserve wine list sets the mood); then take a moonlit walk on the beach.
- When it’s time to say goodnight, we offer cribs and pack-and-plays with bedding for your youngest ones. Just tell us your preference. Preschoolers can tuck into their own bunk beds inside our deluxe junior suites.