Family resort activities for teens
Visiting Hilton Sandestin Beach with teens? Consider this “top picks” list your personal concierge for planning an unforgettable family vacation in Florida at and around the resort!
- Plan a classic Florida family beach day. Request a beach set-up for towels, chairs and an umbrella, and split your time between sunning and playing volleyball on our bright-white sand. If your crew is feeling the pool, a cabana rental can create a VIP-style hangout.
- Mealtime is anything but dull at Hilton Sandestin Beach. Steps from the pool, Barefoot’s Beachside Bar & Grill satisfies everyone – teens can build their own burgers while parents savor “beach-tinis” and raw bar selections. Or, order from Barefoot’s menu at The Sand Bar – right on the beach!
- Teens need sleep! Whether they claim the bunk beds in their own private alcove or crash on the sleeper sofa, they’ll feel right at home in our roomy deluxe junior suites.
- What gets your teen going? Golf? Tennis? We offer both on the resort property, along with a scenic path for biking. Ask at the concierge to arrange bike rentals. When it’s time to chill inside, show them to our onsite game room.
- Get out on the water! At Baytowne Marina (located at The Village of Baytowne Wharf), you can board an eco-cruise or fishing charter and rent paddleboards or even your own pontoon boat to explore Choctawhatchee Bay. Back on the mainland, hit the Village’s Baytowne Adventure Zone to zip-line and compare skills on the ropes course.
- Venture outside the resort for a teen treat: Nearby, Big Kahuna’s Water Park packs high-adrenaline thrills with slides built for speed and a continuous wave that teens can board. Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park’s VIP Trainer experience takes kids 13 and up behind-the-scenes with a marine mammal trainer and marine animals. For a laidback day, shop and lunch at open-air Destin Commons; then catch a movie at the Commons’ Rave Motion Pictures.